Discuss how we can hasten progress towards enlarging representation. There are two primary components to this: 1) educating others in order to gain the necessary public support; and, 2) ensuring implementation via a constitutional amendment or other legal means.
Forum rules
This forum is only for discussion related to achieving the vision of a much larger House. All other discussion will be moved or deleted. No incivility or partisan advocacy allowed.
paxmath
First Name: GeorgeDaher

Strategy for forwarding the cause

Post by paxmath »

Dear Group:

I am new. I am from Seattle. I actually have been championing this cause for some time.

I would like to start a group in Seattle area with the only goal of getting citizens to endorse this issue. I have many strategies that can be employed.

I will be brief for now and state that a crucial strategy to get this started is to not label this as conservative. (Why would a good liberal oppose having a greater voice?)

I look forward to being educated further on this issue and working with fellow Americans pursue this to its conclusion.

Regards,

George Daher
JEQuidam
First Name: Jeff
Stance: Pro-Enlargement

Re: Strategy for forwarding the cause

Post by JEQuidam »

paxmath wrote:I would like to start a group in Seattle area with the only goal of getting citizens to endorse this issue. I have many strategies that can be employed.
George, welcome!! I don't believe that anyone has yet started a local group for this, and it's just a matter of time before someone does. I would make a lousy "community organizer" so I don't have any advice. I know that some groups use MeetUp.com (start a group) to support that type of effort, but they may charge a fee (I don't know). If you investigate different tools and find one that's best, let us know.
paxmath wrote:I will be brief for now and state that a crucial strategy to get this started is to not label this as conservative. (Why would a good liberal oppose having a greater voice?)
100% correct. I tell my friends that this is for Right Wing Kooks, Left Wing Loons, everyone in between, and those who don't know where they are. This is one issue on which all patriotic Americans can unite.

Representational enlargement means taking control of government away from the Special Interests and returning it to the citizenry. The only "ideology" in that is the ideology of individual liberty and opposition to tyranny. Opposition to representational enlargement will come from the various Special Interests, the lobbyist confederacy, the political duopoly, and incumbent federal Representatives who don't want their political fiefdoms subdivided.

I don't even like using the "liberal" and "conservative" labels anymore because, for me, they have lost any clear meaning in common usage. That is, those labels can often do more to obfuscate than inform. Also, they over generalize when, in fact, most of us have a complex set of views that don't fit neatly into the media-perpetuated red/blue stereotypes.
paxmath wrote:I look forward to being educated further on this issue and working with fellow Americans pursue this to its conclusion.
If you have not already, please read the 15 Questions & Answers on TTO's home page, the introduction to "Article the first", and Walter Williams' article "Political Monopoly Power". And be prepared for well-intended objections from people who can't yet see outside the artificial political construct we've been living in (defined by the political duopoly and 435). I like to compare it to "The Matrix" in that people will have to decide if they want to keep living in the delusion (blue pill) or move outside of the artificial construct (the red pill).