Discuss how we can hasten progress towards enlarging representation. There are two primary components to this: 1) educating others in order to gain the necessary public support; and, 2) ensuring implementation via a constitutional amendment or other legal means.
Forum rules
This forum is only for discussion related to achieving the vision of a much larger House. All other discussion will be moved or deleted. No incivility or partisan advocacy allowed.
Jfree
First Name: Jeff
Stance: Pro-Enlargement

Permissionless Innovation

Post by Jfree »

Perhaps the way to make it happen is simply to do it. The great value of the Internet is permissionless innovation. Don't need to ask permission to do something big and outside the box. And there is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits such an assembly from competing with the existing House in some respects. Indeed, the 1st Amendment would prohibit Congress from simply shutting a competitor down. So the question I ask to anyone reading this is:

What are the actual obstacles that are in the way to simply making this happen? I'm not asking what are the political obstacles that are in the way - currently - of the House deciding to enlarge themselves. Whatever those are, they have prevented the House from making that sort of decision for a century now and I don't see anything on the horizon that will lead them to change. Unless a 'competitor' emerges that forces them to either change or lose their credibility. So how about it?