Discussions that don't belong elsewhere in the forum, but hopefully are still somewhat relevant to TTO.
Forum rules
As elsewhere in the TTO forum, no harangues, scurrilities, chicanery or mongering is permitted. However, repartees and irreverence is tolerated as long as they are not fatuous. Those who fail to abide by these rules may be subject to objurgation.  
moonhead
First Name: Nathan
Stance: Pro-Enlargement

Conference on the Constitutional Convention

Post by moonhead »

Harvard is having a conference on calling an Article V convention. (http://www.conconcon.org/)
Is anyone attending from thirty-thousand.org?
JEQuidam
First Name: Jeff

Re: Conference on the Constitutional Convention

Post by JEQuidam »

I wish people would quit erroneously calling an Article V convention a "Constitutional Convention", because it isn't!! (That subject is discussed elsewhere in this forum.) Perpetuating the myth that it's possible to authorize a "constitutional convention" dooms these efforts from the start. Who wants a constitutional convention? I certainly don't. But we desperately need a convention for the purposes of proposing amendments to the Constitution, as can be authorized by Article V of the Constitution. Maybe someone can explain this to the fine folks who are organizing this conference.

Anyway, to answer your question: It sounds quite interesting, but I'm not planning to go. Though I personally advocate that the state legislatures call for an Article V convention, that goal is not explicitly a part of TTO's mission. Of course, an Article V convention could certainly benefit our cause, as it might approve "Article the first" as originally intended by the First Congress (rather than the defective version inscribed in the charter Bill of Rights document).

I wonder if any work product will be produced by that conference that we can all read.
moonhead
First Name: Nathan

Re: Conference on the Constitutional Convention

Post by moonhead »

They are suppose to post videos after the conference is over.